Woo hoo, I’m actually doing a tag this week! Even though I was not actually tagged because I don’t have a YouTube channel. This tag was originally created by RayKayBooks
Would you rather…
1. Read only trilogies or stand-alones?
I mostly read series, so I guess trilogies? I actually really like trilogies, because I read a lot of fantasy. So you get a satisfactory amount of worldbuilding and stuff without getting overwhelmed in a single volume or bogged down in a series.
2. Read only female or male authors?
Urg…. I want to say male, because that’s what I mostly have on my shelves, but some of my favorite series (The Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter, and The Dragon Keeper Chronicles, to name three) are by female authors. But I also love Narnia, LOTR, and PJO. The Seven Sleeper Chronicles are also by a male author, and I definitely have a lot of Ted Dekker.
3. Shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
Barnes & Noble. I love being able to read the back cover and the table of contents. I like seeing what I’m buying before I actually buy it. And it’s so much easier to return something to a store than to send a package back.
4. All books become movies or TV shows?
TV shows, but not necessarily really long ones. I saw a picture that said one book should be a season and each chapter shoulder be an episode. I guess that’s roughly accurate. I love the books that have each chapter written like an episode. The Mortal Instruments is especially like that. (Perfect example of a candidate for TV series adaptation.)
5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
Are you kidding? 5 pages a day is barely anything. I don’t know if I could manage 5 books a week though. I guess I could read a lot of short books. Like The Hardy Boys or manga or something.
6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
7. Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?
I have so many more than 20 favorites though. Am I allowed to memorize them? Can someone else read them to me?
8. Be a librarian or book seller?
Librarian. I’m already a book seller. I’m so over it.
9. Only read your favorite genre, or every genre except your favorite?
Well, my favorite genre is fantasy, which is a HUGE genre, so only my favorite genre.
10. Only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books, but can I specify trade paper? Because I don’t like hardcovers and mass paperbacks are horrible.