Okay, well, I’m not really sure how this works, but I got nominated about a month ago and I can’t claim laziness anymore. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Miranda and Tiffanie over at mtbooookish.wordpress.com. They found me because I was being snarky about Looking For Alaska, but I guess if you’re going to be snarky, you may as well be snarky about John Green. (Not saying he’s a bad author. I thought Looking For Alaska was incredibly well-written.)
The Liebster Award, according to a previous nominee named Erin, “is essentially a token of appreciation passed around in the blogging community. It’s also only given out to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to encourage new bloggers. At least, that’s how I’m interpreting it.” The rules of the award include:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
The questions I was asked by Miranda and Tiffanie:
1. Who is your favorite author? Or who do you most enjoy reading? I most enjoy reading Ted Dekker. He writes good vs. evil psychological thrillers. My favorite is probably Blink (I think it’s called In the Blink of an Eye now), which is about a super-genius college student who develops the ability to see multiple futures a few minutes out.
2. What book do you think everyone must read in high school? I’m gonna be kind of generic and say The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe because it’s basically the book that started my entire genre. It has the clear good vs. evil themes as well as the messages of forgiveness and redemption. And I like magical worlds.
3. Favorite musical artists. (Or top 3 if you must) I like Sanctus Real, One Direction, and Little Mix. But I like CCM artists like Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, and TobyMac and YouTube artists like Pentatonix, Lindsey Stirling, and Tyler Ward too, so it really depends on what mood I’m in.
4. Favorite sweet/candy. WHY? Ice cream. ALL THE FLAVORS.
5. Favorite meme/gif. Be sure to include the image.
The life of any girl who has a Tumblr account, basically.
6. Would you rather be 18 years old for the rest of your life, or 30 years old? I want to say 30 because people would take me seriously, but there’s so much pressure associated with that, I have to say I’d rather be 18 forever. At least I’d be energetic. You don’t realize how young 18 is until you’re past 20.
7. Place you most want to travel to. London, obvs.
8. What is the most dangerous situation you’ve been in? Maybe an earthquake? I stay home and live through my wifi connection. I don’t get into a lot of dangerous situations.
9. Favorite website? Pinterest. I probably spend a couple hours a day on there, more if I’m not working.
10. What’s on the top of your to-do list? Publishing my novel that I’ve been working on since I was 14.
Here are your questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite video game?
3. What’s the first thing on your bucket list? Why?
4. Would you want to live forever (at the age you are now)? Why or why not?
5. Favorite quote. Or one that makes you think.
6. Why do you like your favorite food?
7. What’s the first book that you remember loving?
8. What instrument would you most like to play?
9. Favorite thing that happened in 2013.
10. What are you most excited about in 2014?
Thanks to Miranda and Tiffanie for nominating me, and thank you to anyone who reads my disjointed little blog. Happy New Year!